Team Lead Vacancy – Apply Online
Join us as a Team Lead – Contracts in the Base Metals & PGM team. You will ensure that contracts are in place for all commercial activities.
You’re dedicated, talented and flexible. That’s why you’ll fit in.
As well as discovering, mining and processing many of the essential raw materials that enable, support and enhance modern life, our global business is involved in selling and marketing products – copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, nickel and diamonds.
Through our Marketing Business, we are able to offer innovative solutions to meet our customers’ specific challenges.
This includes physical products, logistics and technical support, as well as pricing and financing solutions. By offering freight services as well as actively managing the entire value chain, we ensure cost effective, reliable product supply and quality, when and where our customers need it.
We have created new ways of working, devised more streamlined processes and procedures, and standardised information management systems.
Also Read Details For: Regional Sales Director Vacancy Singapore– Apply Online
What You’ll Do:
With 2 direct reports, you will be responsible for the team’s performance on contracting functions for the Base Metals & PGM team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Check and validate the daily trade entries in Trading System against deal blotters as Trade Recap, thereby providing key point of control.
- Contract Management: Ensure that the team’s performance for contracts is in accordance to SOP and within the governance framework
- Contract Preparation and Execution: Interface with Base Metals traders to understand and analyse key contractual terms and conditions
- Work with traders to understand their strategies in retaining/ optimizing value through mis-matches and incorporate such contractual terms in the drafting of the physical contract to protect Anglo’s interest
- Understand and evaluate the different payment terms of the purchase and sales contracts and provide advice on workability of the contracts to manage cash flow and working capital. Analyse and identify potential operational issues prior execution that arise from the different contractual terms between purchase and sales contracts and propose resolutions to mitigate such operational risks
- Execute all contract administration activities in alignment with Group Business Integrity and Governance policies
What we’re looking for:
As this is a team lead role, you need to be familiar with contract preparation & execution in base metals. Also,
- You need to have law background (Diploma/ Degree)
- Experience in base metals is a must. PGM experience is advantageous
- You have mandatory experience in bulk shipment
- Experience in contract preparation and execution in trading environment is a must
- You have good exposure in trading operations
- Knowledge in sales operations for Base Metals &PGM, trade finance instruments such as letters of credit, warehousing, logistics, air freight, dry bulk and container shipment management.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible.
We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources.
We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth – from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities internally to move onwards and upwards too
How we are committed to your safety
We take the safety of our employees very seriously and as a company we demonstrate the most rigorous safety standards in the industry.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.